15-17 DRIVER'S ED
15-17 DRIVER'S ED
ALERT: As of September 4, 2018, ideally you should have a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) from the DMV BEFORE attending the classroom session. More Information About Acquiring a TIP.
Louisiana Law requires anyone 15-17 years of age who desires a driver's license to take a "38 Hour Driver Education Course", which includes 30 hours of in-class training and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training.
30 Hour Classroom Training
- Not all driving schools are the same. Choose your driving school wisely. Driving is a life-long skill. Driver's is only taken once. Make the investment in your new driver's safety.
- Don't settle for just any Driving Course. First Class has a very interactive class that goes way beyond just preparing our students for the DMV Written and Road Skills Test. Our goal is to provide each student with the knowledge and skill to remain collision-free for life.
- Our Classroom training is about facilitating—not lecturing. We aspire to help our new drivers make better decisions on the roadway through our interactive classroom format.
- We show PowerPoint Video clips of actual on-road situations from Shreveport-Bossier. We get the student involved early in the critical decisions drivers must make on a regular basis.
8 FULL HOURS OF IN-VEHICLE TRAINING GUARANTEED
- We do not make our students wait weeks or months to start their in-car training.
- We do not share student driving time with anyone else. All 8 hours are dedicated to each individual student.
- At First Class Driving School, from the first day of class to the final driving appointment, we average only 5-7 weeks, from start to finish. The DMV allows driving schools 4 months to complete training
- Our 27+ years of experience has shown that makes for a fractured, low-quality education.
- Quality of education is paramount at First Class Driving School.
More First Class Differences…
- First Class Driving Instructors take a rigorous 40+ hours of in-vehicle training (the State requires "0" hours).
- First Class Instructors take monthly training to ensure that our students are getting the very best training.